Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
The process for configuring a new subscription for G Suite (Exclaimer Cloud AND Gmail) begins by running a setup wizard. During the configuration process, the setup wizard pauses, and you are asked to complete the configuration settings within the Google Workspace Admin Console before returning to complete the wizard.
Follow these steps to complete the configuration settings within the Google Workspace Admin console:
Follow these steps to access the Google Workspace Admin console:
- Log in to the Google Workspace Admin Console. The Admin console screen is displayed:
To allow your email to route to Exclaimer Cloud, you need to add a new host to the G Suite:
Select Apps from the Google Workspace Admin console:
Select Google Workspace:
A list of all Google Workspace apps is displayed:
Click Gmail (click anywhere in the row - don't select the checkbox) to display the settings:
A list of Gmail settings is displayed, scroll down and select Hosts:
On the Hosts page, click ADD ROUTE:
The Add mail route window is displayed.
- In Name, enter the name of the route.
- In Single host, enter the host name as displayed in the Exclaimer Cloud G Suite Setup wizard (you can copy-paste this information) then enter 25 as the port number for the host configuration.
Click SAVE to apply these settings.
a) Route your email to Exclaimer Cloud for all users
Follow these steps to route your email to Exclaimer Cloud for all users:
- From the list of all Gmail settings, select Compliance.
- From the list of all Compliance settings, scroll down to Content compliance and click CONFIGURE to configure settings for a new content compliance policy:
The Add setting window is displayed:
- In Content compliance, enter a valid description, such as Route to Exclaimer Cloud:
- In Email messages to affect, select Outbound and Internal - Sending:
- Click Add to add an expression that describes the content to search in each email message:
A pop-up window is displayed.
- From the Simple content match drop-down, select Advanced content match:
- From the Location drop-down, select Full headers.
- From Match type drop-down, select Not contains text.
- In Content, enter: X-ExclaimerHostedSignatures-MessageProcessed
- Click SAVE to save the settings and return back to the Content Compliance Add setting window:
- In If the above expressions match, do the following (point 3) set the following:
- In Route, select Change Route.
- From the Normal Routing drop-down list, select the Exclaimer route.
- In Encryption (onward delivery only), select Require secure transport (TLS)
- Click SAVE to save the changes.
Follow these steps to route your email to Exclaimer Cloud for a specific user:
- To route the email to Exclaimer Cloud, follow the steps outlined in Route your email to Exclaimer Cloud for all users.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Add setting window and select Show options:
- In Account types to affect, select Users.
- In Envelope filter, select Only affect specific envelope senders.
(In Envelope filter when you select an option, the drop-down list is automatically enabled)
- from the Envelope filter drop-down, select Group membership (only sent mail).
- Click Select groups to select the required group that contains users for whom signatures should be applied:
- Click SAVE to save the new settings.
Follow these steps to receive an email back from Exclaimer Cloud (for routing to the end recipients):
For this, you will need to configure the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) relay service.
- From the list of all Gmail settings, scroll down and select Routing.
- Scroll down to SMTP relay service and click CONFIGURE:
The Add setting window is displayed.
- In SMTP relay service, enter a meaningful description (for example: Receive from Exclaimer).
- From the Allowed Senders drop-down, select Only addresses in my domains:
- In Authentication, select Only accept mail from the specified IP addresses.
- Click Add:
The Add setting window is displayed.
- In Description, enter a meaningful Description (for example, ExclaimerIP1)
- In IP address/range, enter the first Exclaimer Cloud Host IP (as displayed on the Exclaimer Cloud interface).
- Click Save to save the settings.
- In Encryption, select Require TLS encryption.
- Click SAVE to save the settings.
Return to the setup wizard and follow on-screen instructions.
In some scenarios, when you configure Exclaimer Cloud, you find that Google Drive share notifications and Calendar reminder emails are not being received. To ensure that these messages are delivered correctly, it is necessary to stop them from getting routed to Exclaimer Cloud. For more information, see Google Drive share notifications and Calendar reminder emails not received.