Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
The process for configuring a new subscription, for G Suite (Exclaimer Cloud AND Gmail), begins by running a setup wizard. During the configuration process, the setup wizard pauses and you are asked to complete the configuration settings within the G Suite Admin Console, before returning to complete the wizard.
Follow these steps to complete the configuration settings within the G Suite Admin console:
- Access the G Suite Admin console.
- Add a new host to allow your email to be routed to the Exclaimer Cloud.
- For server-side rules to apply signatures, the emails will need to routed to Exclaimer Cloud. You can either route your email for all users or for a specific user.
- Configure the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) relay service in order to receive the email back from Exclaimer Cloud (to route to the end recipients).
- Save the updated settings.
- Complete configuration of Exclaimer Cloud by going through the Setup Wizard.
Access the G Suite Admin console
Follow these steps to access the G Suite Admin console:
- Log into the G Suite Admin Console. The Admin console screen is displayed:
Add a new host
To allow your email to be routed to Exclaimer Cloud, you need to add a new host to the G Suite.
To add a new host:
- Select Apps from the G Suite Admin console:
- Select G Suite:
- List of all G Suite apps are displayed:
- Click Gmail (click anywhere in the row - don't select the checkbox) to display the settings.
- List of all Gmail settings are displayed, scroll down and select Hosts:
- On the Hosts page, click ADD ROUTE:
The Add mail route window is displayed.
- In Name, enter the name of the route.
- In Single host, enter the hostname as displayed in the Exclaimer Cloud setup wizard (you can copy-paste this information) then enter 25 as the port number for the host configuration.
- Click Save to apply these settings.
Routing email to Exclaimer Cloud (all users)
Follow these steps to route your email to Exclaimer Cloud for all users:
- From the list of all Gmail settings, scroll down and select Compliance:
- From the list of all Compliance settings, scroll down and select Content compliance.
- Click Configure to display settings for a new content compliance policy. The Add setting window is displayed:
- In Content compliance, enter a valid description, such as Route to Exclaimer Cloud:
- In Email messages to affect, select Outbound and Internal - Sending:
- Click Add to add an expression that describes the content to search in each email message.
The Add setting window is displayed:
- From the Simple content match drop-down, select Advanced content match.
- From the Location drop-down, select Full headers.
- From Match type drop-down, select Not contains text.
- In Content, enter: X-ExclaimerHostedSignatures-MessageProcessed
- Click Save to save the settings and return back to the Content Compliance Add setting window:
- In, If the above expressions match, do the following (point 3) set the following:
- Select Change Route. From the drop-down list, select the Exclaimer Cloud route.
- In Encryption (onward delivery only), select Require secure transport (TLS)
- Click Save to save the changes made.
Routing Email to Exclaimer Cloud (specific user)
Follow these steps to route your email to Exclaimer Cloud for a specific user:
- To route the email to Exclaimer Cloud, follow the steps outlined in Routing Email to Exclaimer Cloud (all users)
- Scroll to the bottom of the Add setting window, and select Show options:
- In Account types to affect, select Users.
- In Envelope filter, select Only affect specific envelope senders.
(When you select Envelope filter, the drop-down list is automatically enabled)
- from the Envelope filter drop-down, select Group membership (only sent mail).
- Click Select groups to select the required group that contains users for whom signatures should be applied:
- Click Save to save the settings.
Receive Email from Exclaimer Cloud
Follow these steps in order to receive an email back from Exclaimer Cloud (for routing to the end recipients) - you will need to configure the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) relay service:
- From the list of all Gmail settings, scroll down and select Advanced settings:
- Select the General Settings tab, scroll down to SMTP relay service (under Routing).
- Click Configure.
The Add setting window is displayed.
- In SMTP relay service, enter a meaningful description, such as Receive From Exclaimer Cloud.
- From the Allowed senders drop-down, select Only addresses in my domains.
- In Authentication, select Only accept mail from the specified IP addresses.
- Click Add IP range.
- In Description, enter a meaningful Description (for example, Exclaimer Cloud IP 1)
- In IP address/range, enter the first Exclaimer Cloud Host IP (as displayed on the Exclaimer Cloud interface).
- Click Save to save the settings.
You need to repeat these steps for each Exclaimer Cloud Host IP that is displayed on the Exclaimer Cloud interface.
- In Encryption, select the Require TLS encryption.
- Click ADD SETTING to add the entered settings.
Apply updated settings
You've now finished updating the settings in the Admin console. For these to take effect, click the SAVE option, at the very bottom of the page:
Complete configuration of Exclaimer Cloud
Return to the setup wizard, and follow on-screen instructions.