Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
You are using Exclaimer Cloud, and start to receive bounce-backs from sent messages, with the following error:
554 5.6.0 Message exceeded 50 hops, this may indicate a mail loop.
Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=MailLoop 24sm247046edt.21 - gsmtp [Response from smtp-relay.gmail.com]
This issue is caused by messages looping between Exclaimer Cloud and G Suite, when routing via the Content Compliance rule and our server, usually because of header conditions not matching.
You will need to correct the header conditions of the Content Compliance rule.
To do this, follow steps below:
1. Login to the G Suite Admin Portal here
2. Navigate to Apps > G Suite > GMail.
3. Click on Advanced Settings.
4. Locate your Content Compliance rule, by default this will be called Route to Exclaimer Cloud, and click Edit.
5. Edit the Rule to match the below;
6. Ensure that the Content field contains:
Not Contains Text X-ExclaimerHostedSignatures-MessageProcessed
7. Click Save.
8. Click Save at the bottom of the page: