Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You, as an admin user, wish to define which Editors have permission to edit signatures on the Home page.
Within Exclaimer Cloud, the Home page is your root folder and by default, all users have access to this page. They can edit the signatures (unless signatures are contained in folders with restricted access).
To restrict permissions:
- Log into the Exclaimer Cloud portal, launch your subscription, then click the options list from the top-right of your screen and select Settings:
- The Settings window is displayed, select the Security tab to display all security options.
- Under the Home Folder Security heading, click Edit:
The Home Folder Security window is displayed:
- In the space provided, enter the email addresses for anyone that is allowed to edit signatures.
You can enter a single address, or multiple addresses separated by a comma. If no email addresses are specified then the folder can be viewed/accessed by everyone.
For more information on folder security, see What is folder security?
- Click Save to save the changes made.
Home page access is restricted
As soon as you change the default security settings for the Home page and add at least one email address - the edit access is immediately restricted to the specified account(s).
- All users (admins and editors alike) can SEE signatures and folders when they access the Home page.
- Admin users can ACCESS/EDIT all signatures - including any that are in restricted folders.
- Editors can only ACCESS/EDIT signatures in folders that are specifically associated with their email address.