Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
Watch this video to learn how you can implement custom attributes, in your email signature, in Exclaimer Cloud:
Synchronizing custom attributes
To synchronize custom attributes:
Log into the Exclaimer Cloud portal, launch your subscription, then click the options list from the top-right of your screen and select Settings:
The Settings window is displayed, select the Data Synchronization tab:
- Under the Additional Azure AD Attributes, click Edit. A sign-in message box is displayed prompting you to sign in as a Global Administrator. Click OK to proceed.
- You are prompted to sign in to Office 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Office 365 tenant):
- In Addtional Azure AD Attributes, select Sync only the 15 custom attributes in Office 365 (for customers without a local AD) then click Next:
- Enter your Global Administrator credentials then click Next to proceed:
- A PowerShell script is run then your custom attributes are synchronized:
Once the attributes are synchronized, you can start using the custom attributes in your signature designs:
What does the PowerShell script do?
The PowerShell script creates a new user account that has a Password Administrator role in your Office 365 tenancy. This is the lowest level administrative role in Office 365 and is known as the Helpdesk Administrator role in Exchange Online, Microsoft Graph, Azure AD Graph and Azure PowerShell.
The PowerShell script also updates your Azure AD schema to support the use of Custom Attributes in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365. It provides the new account with all the required permissions to read your users' Custom Attributes from Exchange Online, for use in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365.