Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
This article describes the different options to remotely deploy the Cloud Signature Update Agent (per-machine).
This article consists of the following sections:
Deploying Cloud Signature Agent via Command Line
To deploy the Cloud Signature Update for all users of a machine:
- Run this command in an elevated command prompt:
Deploying the Cloud Signature Update Agent remotely via GPO
If your subscription is configured for client-side signature rules then the signatures can be synchronized to the user's local computers, for use in Microsoft Outlook, on Windows.
For the synchronization process to work, the Cloud Signature Update Agent has to be installed on each user's computer.
To configure a Group Policy to install the Cloud Signature Update Agent for all users of a machine, you need to:
Downloading the MSI file
You can download it from here: MSI installer for the Cloud Signature Update Agent
Generating an MST File
To generate an MST file:
- Launch Orca.exe.
- Click File then select Open. Select the MSI installer for the Cloud Signature Update Agent.
- Click Transform then select New Transform.
- From the left-hand side Tables section, select Property:
- On the right-hand side of the Property and Value section, edit the value of ALLUSERS to 1:
- Click Transform then select Generate Transform.
- Save the transform file.
Creating a Group Policy
To create a group policy:
- Open the Group Policy Management console and right-click on the domain name.
- Select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here...:
3. Enter a name for the new GPO and click OK.
4. Right-click the newly created GPO and click Edit.
5. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Policies > Software Settings:
6. Right-click on Software installation and click New then select Package:
7. Select the MSI package downloaded earlier.
8. Select Advanced for the deployment method, then click OK:
9. Select the Modifications tab and click Add... to add the transform file created earlier.
10. Close the Group Policy Management Editor.
Ensure that the Group policy is configured to apply to the required computers.