Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
If your Exclaimer Cloud is configured for server-side deployment (so signatures are applied to all email messages via Exclaimer's Cloud service), and you wish to add client-side functionality (so applicable signatures are synchronized to Microsoft Outlook on users' computers), follow the steps below:
- Configure the Cloud Signature Update Agent
- Deploy the Cloud Signature Update Agent to users' computers
To learn more about our Outlook Client feature, please see our The Cloud Signature Update Agent article.
Configure the Cloud Signature Update Agent
- Log into the Exclaimer portal and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in processing sequence.
- Hover your cursor over any signature that you wish to synchronize to Outlook clients (if necessary, create a new signature) and then select the Signature rules option:
The Signature Rules window is displayed with focus on Server-side options:
- Select the Client-side tab (at the top of the page) to access Outlook options and click the Configure button:
- A summary page is displayed, detailing tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to grant permission for Exclaimer's Cloud Signature Update Agent to sign into Office 365 as a user:
- Click Next. You are directed to a page within the Microsoft Online environment, where you should enter Global Administrator credentials and grant required permissions. Having confirmed these details, you are directed back to Exclaimer's setup wizard, where you'll see confirmation of this:
- Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Signatures for Office 365.
Deploy the signature update agent to users' computers
To synchronize signatures to Microsoft Outlook, Exclaimer's Cloud Signature Update Agent must be deployed to each user's computer. The agent runs in the background and synchronizes signatures at regular intervals.
There are two ways that you can deploy the Cloud Signature Update Agent to client computers:
Unless you have a specific need to deploy via GPO, we recommend that URL deployment is used - this is the simplest method, and ensures that the agent is always up to date.