Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
Your existing subscription is configured for client-side deployment only and you now wish to configure it for server-side.
Server-side signatures imply that the signatures are applied after the message has been sent. Signatures will be applied via our cloud service, where applicable.
Client-side signatures imply that the user can see the signature whilst composing messages in Outlook (and Apple Mail). The signatures are synchronized to the users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook.
This article guides you through the process of adding server-side configuration to your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 subscription.
Adding server-side configuration to a client-side subscription
To add server-side configuration, follow the steps below:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in the processing sequence.
- Hover your cursor over any signature then select the Signature rules option:
The Signature Rules window is displayed with a focus on Client-side (Outlook) tab:
- Select the Server-side (Office 365) tab at the top of the page to access the server-side options:
- Click Configure to configure the signatures:
- A summary page is displayed, detailing the tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next. You are prompted to sign in to Office 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Office 365 tenant):
Once signed in, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for the Exclaimer Cloud Setup App. Click Accept:
You will now be prompted to authenticate to allow Exclaimer Cloud to run a PowerShell script to automatically configure the required mail flow settings:
Copy the code provided on your screen then click Authorize. A new tab will be opened in your browser. In the new browser tab, paste the code into the box then click Next:
Sign in using your Global Administrator credentials:
You will receive a confirmation that you have successfully signed in:
- Return to the Exclaimer Cloud tab.
- As required, select which emails should be routed to Exclaimer Cloud for signature processing.
By default, this option is set to all users; however, you can specify the name of a group, in which case only messages sent from users in this group will be sent to Exclaimer Cloud for processing:
Having made the required selection, click Next.
A secure certificate is generated for your Exclaimer Cloud subscription and the domain associated with this certificate is added and configured as an accepted domain within your Office 365 tenancy.
Exclaimer Cloud runs through a number of tasks to configure the required mail flow settings:
These tasks are:
- Remove Existing Exclaimer Connectors: This ensures that anything configured in the previous Exclaimer setup is cleared out and all standard rules are put in place for the current subscription.
- Create Receive Connector: This ensures that when Exclaimer Cloud has added a signature, it returns the message back to Office 365 through the Receive Connector.
- Create Send Connector: This redirects each message to Exclaimer Cloud where the signature is added before it is delivered to the recipient(s).
- Create Transport Rule: This defines rules based on the conditions you defined earlier during the setup (where you selected which emails should be routed to Exclaimer Cloud for signature processing).
- Create Bypass Out of Office Transport Rule: This creates a new transport rule to prevent 'Out of Office' emails from being routed to Exclaimer Cloud and also prevents these emails from being marked as Spam.
- Add Exclaimer Cloud IP addresses to IP Allow List: This adds the Exclaimer Cloud IP Addresses to the whitelist in the Connection Filter of your Office 365 tenancy.
- Once these tasks are finished, click Next to confirm the setup:
- Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Signatures for Office 365.