Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
If your subscription is configured to use the Cloud Signature Update Agent, you can set Outlook client restrictions to determine what changes users can make to their signatures locally, in Microsoft Outlook.
Accessing Outlook client restrictions
To access the Outlook client restrictions option:
- Log into the Exclaimer Cloud portal, launch your subscription, then click the options list from the top-right of your screen and select Settings:
- The Settings window is displayed, select the Security tab to display all security options.
- Under the Outlook client restrictions heading, click Edit:
- You need to enter your Global Administrator credentials:
- Click OK to proceed.
You will be directed to a page within the Microsoft environment where you need to enter your Global Administrator credentials and grant Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 permission to make the required security changes.
Once this is done, you will be returned to the Outlook client restrictions window (in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365).
6. As required, enable the restrictions:
- Prevent users from changing signature options: If this option is enabled, users can choose which signature to use when composing messages in Microsoft Outlook (if multiple signatures are available). However, all signature edit options will be greyed out so the signature content cannot be changed.
- Remove all existing signatures from Outlook. If this option is enabled, any existing local signatures (that is, Microsoft Outlook signatures that have not been synchronized from Exclaimer Cloud) will be archived. This ensures that users can ONLY use signatures that are synchronized from Exclaimer Cloud.
7. Click Save to confirm the changes.