Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You want to apply a signature only once in an email chain; that is, when you first send, reply to or forward a message. In other words, once a signature has been applied, it must not be added again for any subsequent replies or forwards in the conversation.
Follow these steps to set up the option to apply the signature only once in an email chain:
- Log into your Exclaimer Cloud subscription.
- Select the first signature that you want to update (if you are using multiple signatures, you will need to update all of them).
- Hover your cursor over the required signature and select Signature rules:
The Signature rules window is displayed with a focus on the Server-side (Office 365) tab.
- Ensure that the Apply this signature option is enabled for the required recipients:
- Enable the Don't add a signature if the message contains option:
- In the associated text field, enter a word or phrase that is present in the email signature; for example, your company's registration or VAT number. If the exception word/phrase is found during processing, then Exclaimer Cloud will not append the signature again.
- Make sure that in If this signature isn't added option, select don't process the next signature (this will ensure that no subsequent signatures are processed):