Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
This article guides you through the process of configuring your subscription for client-side deployment only.
In this mode, signatures are synchronized to users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook. When messages are sent from Outlook, they are sent directly via Office 365 (they are not routed to Exclaimer Cloud for processing). To achieve this, follow steps below:
- Run the setup wizard for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
- Deploy the signature update agent to users' computers
To learn more about our Outlook Client feature, please see our The Cloud Signature Update Agent article.
Running the setup wizard
This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read user data from your Azure/Office 365 directory (and maintain a replica in an Exclaimer Cloud database).
You will also need to grant permission for Exclaimer's Cloud Signature Update Agent to sign into Office 365 as a user.
Follow these steps to run the setup wizard:
- Having set up your subscription and launched Exclaimer Cloud, you can either select Connect to your email system or Try the Signature Designer:
Select Connect to your email system then click Next to choose the features that you wish to configure.
- Select See before you send:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to read your Azure/Office 365 data:
- Enter the required domain and click Next. You are directed to a page within the Microsoft Online environment, where you need to enter Global Administrator credentials and grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to access required data.
Having confirmed these details, you are directed back to the Exclaimer's setup wizard, where you'll see confirmation that you have successfully granted permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures, for Office 365, to read your Azure/Office 365 directory data:
- Click Next to synchronize data.
- Once data is synchronized, confirmation is displayed:
- Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Exclaimer Cloud.
- To synchronize these signatures to users' computers, our Cloud Signature Update Agent must be downloaded on each client machine.
Deploying the signature update agent to users' computers
To synchronize signatures to Microsoft Outlook, Exclaimer's Cloud Signature Update Agent must be deployed to each user's computer. The agent runs in the background and synchronizes signatures at regular intervals.
There are two ways that you can deploy the Signature Update Agent to client computers:
Unless you have a specific need to deploy via GPO, we recommend that URL deployment is used - this is the simplest method, and ensures that the agent is always up to date.