This article guides you through the process of configuring your subscription for BOTH server-side and client-side.
Signatures can be synchronized to users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook, or applied by Exclaimer's Cloud service as appropriate.
To achieve this, the following steps are required:
- Run the setup wizard for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
- Deploy the Cloud Signature Update Agent to users' computers
Running the setup wizard
This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to read user data from your Azure/Office 365 directory (and maintain a replica in an Exclaimer Cloud database).
You will also need to grant permission for Exclaimer's Cloud Signature Update Agent to sign in to Office 365 as a user.
Follow these steps to run the setup wizard:
1. Having created your subscription and launched the Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365, you can either select Connect to your email system or Try the Signature Designer:
2. Select Connect to your email system then click Next to choose the features that you wish to configure.
3. Select both the options as displayed below:
4. Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
5. Click Next to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to read your Azure/Office 365 data:
6. Enter the domain for your Office 365 tenancy and click Next.
7. Click Next. You are prompted to sign in to Office 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Office 365 tenant):
8. Once authenticated, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for the Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365 app, click Accept:
9. You are once again prompted to sign in to Office 365 as a Global Administrator:
10. Once authenticated, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for the Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Outlook Feature App, click Accept:
11. Having confirmed these details and granted the required permissions, you are directed back to Exclaimer's setup wizard, where you'll see a confirmation you that you have successfully granted permission for Exclaimer Cloud to read your Azure/Office 365 directory data:
12. Click Next. The Office 365 Connector Setup wizard is launched:
13. Click Next. You are prompted to sign in to Office 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Office 365 tenant):
14. Once signed in, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for the Exclaimer Cloud Setup App, click Accept:
You will now be prompted to authenticate to allow Exclaimer Cloud to run a PowerShell script to automatically configure the required mail flow settings:
15. Copy the code provided on your screen, then click Authorize. A new tab will be opened in your browser.
16. In the new browser tab, paste the code into the box, then click Next:
17. Sign in using your Global Administrator credentials:
18. You will receive a confirmation that you have successfully signed in:
19. Return to the Exclaimer Cloud tab.
20. Choose which emails should be routed to Exclaimer Cloud for signature processing.
By default, this option is set to all users, however, you can specify the name of a group here, in which case only messages sent from users in this group will be sent to the Exclaimer Cloud for processing:
21. Having made the required selection, click Next
A secure certificate will be generated for your Exclaimer Cloud subscription and the domain associated with this certificate will then be added and configured as an accepted domain within your Office 365 tenancy:
Exclaimer Cloud runs through a number of tasks to configure the required mail flow settings:
These tasks are:
- Create a Send Connector. This redirects each message to Exclaimer Cloud where the signature is added before it is delivered to the recipient(s).
- Create a Receive Connector. When Exclaimer Cloud has added the signature, it returns the message back to Office 365 through the Receive Connector.
- Create a Transport Rule. This allows you to define conditions so you can identify which messages you want to send to Exclaimer Cloud for processing (that is, to have signatures applied)
- Add the Exclaimer Cloud IP Addresses to the whitelist in the Connection Filter in your Office 365 tenancy.
22. Once these tasks are finished, click Next to confirm the setup:
23. Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Signatures for Office 365.