Related Products: Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Signature Manager Outlook Edition
WARNING! From 1st April 2021 Exclaimer will no longer be renewing any Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for Mail Disclaimers.
Please be assured that the Exclaimer Support team will provide support until your SMA is active.
However, we recommend that you contact the Exclaimer Sales team to discuss your requirements for an upgrade to Signature Management Exchange Edition or Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Exchange.
You would like to display information based on a particular set of conditions to be met. This could be for an individual, a department, office location and so on.
For example, you may want a banner in your signature template to display if the department field is equal to marketing.
Each conditional rule can be used to add a further level of automation to your signature.
Simple conditions are based on a single field with a single value, in this case - if Department is equal to Marketing, then show the Marketing banner.
- Insert a conditional field into your template from Fields > Advanced > Conditional Field:
- Click Add:
- Choose the field you would like to check. In this example we are using Department:
- Choose the condition you would like to use. In this example we are using is equal to:
- Provide the result you are looking for. In this example we are using Marketing:
- Provide the conditions outcome. In this example, it is text displaying Marketing promotion:
- Click OK.
- Repeat the steps above for more than one condition to be checked.
- If you do not want anything else to happen, simply click OK.
If you want a Fallback condition to take place if the condition is not met, add a fallback into the if none of the above apply then this field's value is option.
In this example, we have General promotion:
- Once completed, click OK.
Conditional field rules
|Condition||What it does|
|is equal to||Checks a field to see if it matches the request|
|is not equal to||Checks a field to see if it does not match the request|
|contains||Checks a field to see if it contains the request|
|starts with||Checks a field to see if it starts with the request|
|ends with||Checks a field to see if it ends with the request|
|is present||Checks if a field is present (or contains anything)|
|is not present||Checks if a field is not present (or does not contain anything)|
Within conditions, you can create further conditional fields based on a value. This can add further customization to your signature template.
- Create the initial condition up to step 6 in the simple condition steps above.
- In the Then this conditional field's value is option select the three dots:
- Create a new Conditional field inside of this Fields > Advanced > Conditional Field.
- Click Add and start making the new condition, this time selecting Title and checking to see if it is equal to Manager:
- In Then this conditional field's value is option set Marketing Manager Banner then click OK:
- In If none of the above apply then this fields's value is option set to Marketing Banner:
- Click OK.