Related Products: Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Signature Manager Outlook Edition | Signature Manager Office 365 Edition | Mail Disclaimers
You would like to display information based on a particular set of conditions to be met. This could be for an individual, a department, office location etc.
As an example, you may want a banner in your signature template to display if the department field is equal to marketing.
Conditional fields are located under Fields > Advanced > Conditional Field. They can be as simple or advanced as you like. Each conditional rule can be used to add a further level of automation to your signature.
Simple conditions are based on a single field with a single value, in this case - if Department is equal to Marketing, then show the Marketing banner.
1. Insert a conditional field into your template from Fields > Advanced > Conditional Field:
2. Click Add:
3. Choose the field you would like to check. In this example we are using Department:
4. Choose the condition you would like to use. In this example we are using is equal to:
5. Provide the result you are looking for. In this example we are using Marketing:
6. Provide the conditions outcome. In this example, it will be text saying Marketing promotion:
7. Click Ok
8. Repeat the steps above for more than one condition to be checked.
9. If you do not want anything else to happen, simply click OK. If you want a "Fallback" condition to take place should the condition not be met, add a fallback into the if none of the above apply then this field's value is section. In this example, we use General promotion:
10. Once completed click OK.
Conditional field rules
|Condition||What it does|
|is equal to||Checks a field to see if it matches the request|
|is not equal to||Checks a field to see if it does not match the request|
|contains||Checks a field to see if it contains the request|
|starts with||Checks a field to see if it starts with the request|
|ends with||Checks a field to see if it ends with the request|
|is present||Checks if a field is present (or contains anything)|
|is not present||Checks if a field is not present (or does not contain anything)|
Within conditions you can create further conditional fields based on a value. This can add further customisation to your signature template.
1. Create the initial condition up until step 6 in the simple condition steps above.
2. Under the Then this conditional field's value is select the three dots:
3. Create a new Conditional field inside of this Fields > Advanced > Conditional Field.
4. Click Add and start making the new condition, this time selecting Title and checking to see if it is equal to Manager:
5. Under Then this conditional field's value is set Marketing Manager Banner then click OK:
6. Under the If none of the above apply rule set Marketing Banner:
7. Click OK.