Relevant Products: Mail Archiver
You attempt to use the restore to mailbox feature from a search in Mail Archiver but the attempt fails. An error similar to the following is shown in the Event Viewer:
This error is due to the maximum message size limit for restoration being exceeded.
The restore to mailbox feature utilises EWS, and the maximum message size limit can be increased on your Exchange server:
- On your Exchange server, navigate to %ExchangeInstallPath%ClientAccess\exchweb\ews\
- Edit the file web.config using Notepad
- Change the value of httpRuntime maxRequestLength to a higher value
- Open a command prompt as an admin
- Run IISRESET
- Restart the login session in Mail Archiver Web Portal (or search).