Updated signatures are not being downloaded for some users and on the server/PC where the Signature Manager Office 365 Edition software is installed, an error can be found within the Exclaimer event log containing the following information:
This is commonly caused by Microsoft relocating the tenant in Exchange Online and the Office 365 Admin account specified in the Signature Manager console, being located in a different region to the affected user(s). To resolve the issue a support request will need to be raised with Microsoft to prioritise the migration of the remaining user's mailboxes.
The following steps will need to be carried out to confirm the cause of the issue and gather the required information for opening a support ticket with Microsoft.
- Reproduce the error message using EWS Editor, this confirms that the issue is still present regardless of the application used to access the affected user's mailbox using EWS.
- Gather mailbox information for the Office 365 Admin user and the affected user/users.
You will need the following
- A copy of EWS Editor which can be downloaded from the following URL: https://github.com/dseph/EwsEditor/releases
(You will need to download the latest bin.zip file from GitHub)
- The username and password for the Office 365 Admin account being used by the Signature Manager to connect to Office 365/Exchange Online.
- The primary SMTP address of the affected user.
Download and extract EWS Editor from the URL above if you haven't done so already and Double click on EWSEditor.exe.
Connecting to Exchange Online:
Once in the main window open the File menu and select new Exchange Service...
Then in the Exchange Service Configuration window you will need to enter the following details before clicking on the OK button:
- The email address to be used to Autodiscover the EWS URL, or manually specify the EWS URL.
- The EWS Schema version (For Exchange online use Exchange2016)
- The credentials of the Office 365 Admin account specified in the Signature Manager console.
- The email address of the affected user.
Example error messages:
Gathering mailbox information
You will need the following to gather the mailbox information:
- The username and password for an Office 365 global administrator if different from the Office 365 Admin account in the Signature Manager console.
- The email address or display name of the Office 365 Admin account from the Signature Manager console.
Connecting to Office 365/Exchange Online
You will need to open PowerShell as an Administrator:
Then run the following command:
Import-PSSession(New-PSSession-ConfigurationNameMicrosoft.Exchange -Credential$null-ConnectionURIhttps://ps.outlook.com/powershell -AuthenticationBasic -AllowRedirection) -AllowClobber
Then enter the Office 365 Global Administrator credentials in the 'Windows PowerShell credential request' window:
Gather mailbox details:
The following commands substituting the details in <brackets> with details specific to your users:
Get-Mailbox -Identity "<Office 365 Admin display name or email address>"
Get-Mailbox -Identity "<The effected user's display name or email address>"
You will then need to compare the 'Database' name for both users:
If the first 7 characters of the Database do not match, the mailboxes are more than likely being migrated as part of a tenant relocation in Exchange Online.