Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
If your subscription is configured with Outlook Client for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365, you can create a signature and then define signature rules to determine if/how it is deployed:
- Exclaimer Cloud deployment. Users compose and send messages from any client/browser/device, without signatures. The message is then routed to our Cloud service, where the first applicable signature is applied.
- Outlook client deployment. Users synchronize signatures from Exclaimer Cloud to Microsoft Outlook, so their signature is displayed when they compose messages from their Outlook client. The message is then routed to Exclaimer Cloud, where text matching ensures that a duplicate signature is not applied.
Note: All applicable Outlook Client signatures are synchronized for users. This means that when a user composes a message in Outlook, they may have more than one signature to choose from.
This article explains how to define signature rules for Outlook client deployment. For Exclaimer Cloud options, please click here.
Setting Exclaimer Cloud options
To set Outlook client deployment options (so the first applicable signature will be synchronized to Outlook for any users running the Outlook Signature Update Agent), follow steps below:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in processing sequence.
- Hover your cursor over the signature that you wish to update and select the Signature rules option:
The Applies to... window is displayed with focus on Exclaimer Cloud options:
- Select the Outlook clients tab (at the top of the page) to access Outlook options:
- Ensure that the first Download this signature to the client option is switched 'on' and then use remaining options to define conditions under which this signature should be used as the default in Microsoft Outlook:
Option Summary Set as default for: new messages When this signature is synchronized for a user and they compose new messages in Microsoft Outlook, this signature will be used. Forwards & replies When this signature is synchronized for a user and they compose reply or forwarded messages in Microsoft Outlook, this signature will be used. Click Notify Users to send a download link for the update agent... Notify users In order to synchronize signatures from Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to Microsoft Outlook, each user must download the Outlook Signature Update Agent. The easiest way to do this is via a download URL.
The Notify Users button can be used to send this download link to users. Once selected, a standard email message is opened in your default email client; the email contains explanatory text and the required download link, which users can follow. By default, the email message is ready to send to all current users in your Office 365 tenancy - particularly useful if you have recently subscribed and need to notify all users:
However, if required you can change required recipients and edit the email text, if you wish to use this option to send the download link to selected users.
- Click OK to confirm changes and update the signature.
- If required, you can also define rules for Exclaimer Cloud deployment.