NOTE: The options within this section are not available in the new UI for this release.
If your subscription is configured to use the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent, you can set Outlook client restrictions to determine what changes users can make to their signatures locally, in Microsoft Outlook.
NOTE: The Outlook client restrictions feature only applies to the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent. It does not apply to the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in.
How to access it?
To access the Outlook Signatures option:
- Log into the Exclaimer Cloud portal, launch your subscription, then click the options list from the top-right of your screen and select Settings:
- The Settings window is displayed. Select the Security tab to display all security options.
- Under Outlook client restrictions, are the relevant options - click Edit.
REQUIRED! You need to use your Microsoft 365 Global Administrator credentials to grant Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 permission to make the required security changes.
Setting Outlook Client restrictions
Once you have granted Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 permission to make the required security changes - you will be returned to the Outlook client restrictions window (in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365).
As required, enable the restrictions:
- Prevent users from changing signature options: If this option is enabled, users can choose which signature to use when composing messages in Microsoft Outlook (if multiple signatures are available). However, all signature edit options will be greyed out so the signature content cannot be changed.
If you have multiple accounts in Outlook, the signature options will not be disabled.
- Remove all existing signatures from Outlook. If this option is enabled, any existing local signatures (that is, Microsoft Outlook signatures that have not been synchronized from Exclaimer Cloud) will be archived. This ensures that users can ONLY use signatures that are synchronized from Exclaimer Cloud.
CAUTION! If you choose to uninstall the agent at a later date, then the users' original signatures will be reinstated as part of the uninstall process.
Click Save to confirm the changes.