Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
To redirect your emails away from the Exclaimer Azure servers, you need to first deactivate/delete the Transport Rule you have in place then deactivate/delete the Office 365 connectors.
The following sections are included in this article:
How to Delete the Transport Rule
Deactivating the Transport Rule
If you don't want to permanently delete the Transport Rule, you can deactivate it.
To deactivate the Transport Rule:
- Log in to the Exchange admin center by using your Office 365 Administrator credentials.
- Click Exchange then select mail flow from the left-hand pane.
- You will see the Transport Rule that you created at the time of setting up Signatures for Office 365:
- Select the tickbox to deselect the Transport Rule.
This will take a few moments to update.
Once the Transport Rule has been successfully deactivated, the Transport Rule will no longer be active. To reactivate it, simply click the tickbox again.
Deleting the Transport Rule
To permanently delete the Transport Rule:
- Click the trashcan icon above the Transport Rule:
A Warning message is displayed, prompting you to confirm if you want to permanently delete the Transport Rule:
- Click Yes to permanently delete the Transport Rule.
Deactivating the Office 365 connectors
To deactivate the Office 365 connectors:
- Within the Exchange admin center, click Exchange then select mail flow from the left-hand pane. Select the connectors tab on the right-hand side:
- You will see the Send and Receive connectors you created when setting up Signatures for Office 365:
- Select the Receive connector. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a description of the selected connector.
- From the description, under Status, click the hyperlink text Turn it off:
A Warning message is displayed, prompting you to confirm if you want to turn off the selected connector:
- Click Yes to deactivate the selected connector.
The selected connector will have an Off status against it:
Deleting the Office 365 connectors
To permanently delete both Office 365 connectors:
- Highlight the Receive connector and click the trashcan icon:
- A Warning message is displayed, prompting you to confirm if you want to delete the selected connector:
- Click Yes to permanently delete the selected connector.
- Repeat the same process to delete the Send connector.
With the Transport Rule and Office 365 connectors deactivated/deleted, your emails will no longer be routed to an Exclaimer Azure server and signatures will not be added to any emails.
Deleting the Exclaimer Cloud Azure App
To delete the Exclaimer Cloud Azure App, see Removing the Exclaimer Cloud Azure App.
Removing your Exclaimer Cloud domain
If you decide not to proceed with a paid subscription, you can remove the domain that is added as part of your trial subscription setup.
To remove the domain, follow the steps below:
- In the Office 365 Admin Center, navigate to Settings > Domains (via the left-hand navigation pane).
- On the Domains page, select the required domain (this will be in the form <unique tenant ID>.smtp.exclaimer.cloud).
- Click Remove.
- Follow any additional prompts then click Close.