Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You only wish to apply a signature once in an email chain - i.e. when you first send, reply to or forward a message. If a signature has been applied once, it will not be added again for any subsequent replies or forwards in the conversation.
You can achieve this simply, using the exclude option in Exclaimer Cloud, as follows:
1. Log into your Exclaimer Cloud subscription.
2. Find the first signature that you wish to update (if you are using multiple signatures, you will need to update all of them).
3. Hover your cursor over the required signature and choose the Signature rules option:
The Signature rules window is displayed with focus on Server-side options:
4. Ensure that the Apply this signature option is enabled for required recipients.
5. Enable the Don't add a signature if the message contains option.
6. In the associated text field, enter a word or phrase that is present in the email signature - for example, your company's registration or VAT number. If the exception word/phrase is found during processing, Exclaimer Cloud will not append the signature again.
7. Ensure that the option If this signature isn't added is set to don't process the next signature (so no subsequent signatures are processed).