Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You have applied a signature for a user. When the user sends an email, the signature is not applied on the received message.
This issue can occur if your Office 365 transport rule includes conditions which must be met before messages are redirected to Exclaimer Cloud, and the user in question does not meet one or more of these conditions.
There are two possible solutions for this issue:
Synchronise data manually
Performing a manual data synchronisation ensures that users and group memberships are synchronised from Office 365. This is a good first check, to ensure that everything is up to date:
1. Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com).
2. Click the Launch button.
3. Click the Settings button at the top of the page.
4. On the Data Synchronisation tab, click the Start button under the Office 365/Azure Active Directory Synchronisation heading.
Check conditions of the Office 365 transport rule
The sender must meet the conditions of the Office 365 transport rule which redirects the message to Exclaimer Cloud. If the message is not redirected then it won't be processed by Exclaimer Cloud and so no signature will be applied. To check the current conditions of the Office 365 transport rule, follow the steps below:
1. Sign-in to the Office 365 admin portal (https://portal.office.com) as an administrator.
2. At the Home page, click the icon at the top left of the screen and then select the Admin option from the resulting menu:
The Office 365 admin center page is displayed.
3. From the left-hand menu, select, select ADMIN > Exchange:
The Exchange admin centre page is displayed.
4. From the left-hand navigation menu, select mail flow:
The mail flow page is displayed with a row of options in a menu bar at the top:
5. Select rules from the menu bar to display the rules list.
6. Select and edit the transport rule which is sending messages to Exclaimer Cloud – typically this is called Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud.
7. Check for the condition named The sender is a member of…
8. If this exists, make a note of the group that is specified as the condition's value.
9. Ensure that any users for whom the signature is required, are actually members of this Office 365 Group.