When viewing messages in Outlook 2016 where signatures are applied via Exclaimer Cloud, text may be cropped if certain font types and size combinations have been used.
A common example is that the descenders of letters such as ‘y’ and ‘g’ are cut off.
Microsoft have confirmed this as an issue with Outlook 2016. It does not occur in Outlook 2013. The issue only appears to be with certain font family and size combinations - for example: Verdana 9 (and 8.5); if set to Verdana 8, or 9.5, the issue is reduced.
The Exclaimer template team can implement a workaround to reduce this behaviour. Please raise a support case via the Exclaimer portal and follow instructions below to provide them with a copy of the associated template.
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com).
- On the Home page, hover over the signature template you wish to export.
- The following options will then be displayed:
- Select the Export button. This is located on the far right at the bottom of the options displayed, and will be highlighted orange when you place your cursor over it.
- A window will appear prompting you to confirm that you wish to export the signature. Select Yes to confirm.
- The signature template will then be downloaded to your PC.