Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
Once you have created a signature, you can determine how it is deployed to your users using signature rules.
There are two options when defining signature rules:
- Server-side deployment - Signatures are applied once the message has been routed to Exclaimer Cloud. As the signature is applied once the message has been sent, you will not be able to see the signature whilst composing your email. Signatures will be applied to messages sent from any device.
- Client-side deployment - Signatures are synchronised to Outlook where they are visible whilst composing your email.
This article explains how to define signature rules for Outlook client deployment. For server-side options, please click here.
Setting client-side options
To set client-side deployment options (so the first applicable signature will be synchronised to Outlook for any users running the Outlook Signature Update Agent), follow steps below:
2. Hover your cursor over the signature that you wish to update and select the Signature rules option:
The Signature rules window is displayed with focus on server-side options:
3. Select the Client-side tab (at the top of the page) to access Outlook options:
4. Ensure that the first Download this signature to the client option is switched 'on' and then use remaining options to define conditions under which this signature should be used as the default in Microsoft Outlook:
|Set as default for:|
|New messages||When this signature is synchronised for a user and they compose new messages in Microsoft Outlook, this signature will be used.|
|Forwards & replies||When this signature is synchronised for a user and they compose reply or forwarded messages in Microsoft Outlook, this signature will be used.|
|Click Notify Users to send a download link for the update agent...|
|Notify users||In order to synchronise signatures from Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to Microsoft Outlook, each user must download the Outlook Signature Update Agent. The easiest way to do this is via a download URL.
The Notify Users button can be used to send this download link to users. Once selected, a standard email message is opened in your default email client; the email contains explanatory text and the required download link, which users can follow. By default, the email message is ready to send to all current users in your Office 365 tenancy - particularly useful if you have recently subscribed and need to notify all users:
However, if required you can change required recipients and edit the email text, if you wish to use this option to send the download link to selected users.
5. Click OK to confirm changes and update the signature.
6. If required, you can also define rules for server-client deployment.