Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
Learn more about implementing custom attributes in email signatures managed by Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 below:
Synchronising custom attributes
1. Login to the Exclaimer Cloud portal and click Settings:
The Settings page is displayed, with options organised across a number of tabs:
2. Select the Data Synchronisation tab to access synchronise options:
3. Click the Edit option beneath the Additional Azure AD Attributes section.
4. You are prompted to provide login credentials for a Global Administrator:
5. Click OK. You are directed to a Microsoft page, where you should enter a Global Administrator username and password. Having done so, you are returned to the Office 365 custom attributes page.
6. Select Sync only the 15 custom attributes in Office 365 (for customers without a local AD):
7. Complete your details:
8. A PowerShell script will run and then your attributes are synchronised:
9. You can now use custom attributes in your signature designs:
What does the PowerShell script do?
The PowerShell script creates a new user account which has the Password Administrator role in your Office 365 tenancy. This is the lowest level administrative role in Office 365, and is known as the Helpdesk Administrator role in Exchange Online, Microsoft Graph, Azure AD Graph and Azure PowerShell.
The PowerShell script also updates your Azure AD schema to support the use of Custom Attributes in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365. It provides the new account with all required permissions to read your users' Custom Attributes from Exchange Online, for use in Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365.