Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
This article guides you through the process of configuring your subscription for client-side deployment only.
In this mode, signatures are synchronised to users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook. When messages are sent from Outlook, they are sent directly via Office 365 (they are not routed to Exclaimer Cloud for processing). To achieve this, follow steps below:
- Run the setup wizard for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
- Deploy the signature update agent to users' computers
To learn more about our Outlook Client feature, please see our Outlook Client for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 article.
Running the setup wizard
This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read user data from your Azure/Office 365 directory (and maintain a replica in an Exclaimer Cloud database).
You will also grant permission for Exclaimer's Outlook Client Agent to sign into Office 365 as a user.
To run the setup wizard, follow steps below:
- Having set up your subscription and launched Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365, you can choose to Configure the full operational service or Try out the Signature Designer:
- Select Configure the full operational service and then click Next to choose features that you wish to configure.
- Select the client-side checkbox:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to grant permission to read your Azure/Office 365 data:
- Enter the required domain and click Next. You are directed to a page within the Microsoft Online environment, where you should enter Global Administrator credentials and grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to access required data.
Having confirmed these details, you are directed back to Exclaimer's setup wizard, where you'll see confirmation you that you have successfully granted permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read your Azure/Office 365 directory data:
- Click Next to synchronise data.
- Once data is synchronised, confirmation is displayed:
- Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Signatures for Office 365. To learn more about the Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 interface, see our Finding Your Way Around article.
- To synchronise these signatures to users' computers, our Signature Update Agent must be downloaded on each client machine.
Deploying the signature update agent to users' computers
To synchronise signatures to Microsoft Outlook, Exclaimer's Signature Update Agent must be deployed to each user's computer. The agent runs in the background and synchronises signatures at regular intervals.
There are two ways that you can deploy the Signature Update Agent to client computers:
Unless you have a specific need to deploy via GPO, we recommend that URL deployment is used - this is the simplest method, and ensures that the agent is always up to date.