Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
This article guides you through the process of configuring your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 subscription, for server-side deployment ONLY (so signatures are applied to all email messages via Exclaimer's Cloud service, irrespective of which browser/device/email client is used).
During these steps, you will grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365 to read user data from your Azure/Office 365 directory and maintain a replica in an Exclaimer Cloud database. After this, the wizard creates and configures Office 365 connectors and a Transport Rule
Running the setup wizard
This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read user data from your Azure/Office 365 directory (and maintain a replica in an Exclaimer Cloud database).
You will also grant permission for Exclaimer's Outlook Client Agent to sign into Office 365 as a user.
To run the setup wizard, follow steps below:
- Having set up your subscription and launched Exclaimer Cloud Signatures for Office 365, you can choose to Configure the full operational service or Try out the Signature Designer:
- Select Configure the full operational service and then click Next to choose features that you wish to configure.
- Select the server-side check box:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to grant permission to read your Azure/Office 365 data:
- Enter the required domain and click Next. You are directed to a page within the Microsoft Online environment, where you should enter Global Administrator credentials and grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to access required data.
- Having confirmed these details, you are directed back to Exclaimer's setup wizard, where you'll see confirmation you that you have successfully granted permission for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 to read your Azure/Office 365 directory data:
- Click Next to start the Office 365 connector setup - details are shown on a summary page:
- Click Next to provide Global Administrator credentials:
- Enter the username and password for your Global Administrator account:
- Click Next to specify which users are to receive email signatures via Exclaimer Cloud.
There are 2 options
Send all messages to the Exclaimer Cloud
This will process the messages from all users, and apply signatures to those users assigned a signature.
Only send messages from users of this group
If you wish to process messages for a particular groups of users, you can specify the name of a group here.
If this group does not exist in 365 it will be created as part of this process.
Only messages sent from users within this group will be sent to the Exclaimer Cloud for processing.
- Send all messages to the Exclaimer Cloud
- Having made the required selection (and entered a Group name, if applicable), click Next to confirm the connection:
Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 runs through a number of tasks to create required connectors and the transport rule:
These tasks are:
- Create a Send Connector. This redirects each message to the Exclaimer Cloud where the signature is added before it is delivered to the recipient(s).
- Create a Receive Connector. When the Exclaimer Cloud has added the signature, it returns the message back to Office 365 through the Receive Connector.
- A Transport Rule. This allows you to define conditions so you can identify which messages you want to send to Exclaimer Cloud for processing (i.e. to have signatures applied)
- Once these tasks are finished, click Next to confirm the setup:
- Click Next to access the Home page - you're now ready to create your first email signatures in Signatures for Office 365.