Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You wish to define a signature to apply to users based on user attributes within Active Directory. For example, you might want to define a signature for all users within a given department, or who are based at a certain office, etc.
Advanced Queries allow you to be more specific about which users will have a signature applied. With this feature, you can define queries which are based on user attributes within your email service (i.e. Active Directory).
Accessing the advanced query window
To access the Advanced Query window:
1. Hover your cursor over the required signature and choose the Select senders option:
The Select senders window is displayed. From here you can choose users for whom the signature is/is not applied:
2. Click the Add People/Groups button:
The Add person/group window is displayed:
3. Select the Advanced Query radio button to open the Advanced Query window:
Defining a query
To define a query, start by entering a Description (once the query is complete, this description is displayed in the signature tile), then follow steps below:
1. Use the Start With field to specify the start point for the query:
Here, you can:
- choose to start the query with No-one, so the query starts with nothing and adds matched users
- choose Everyone, so the query starts with all users and removes matched users
2. Click the Add Condition button:
3. A first query row is added. Here, you can use a series of fields to define your query:
4. Click the then drop-down field to choose what should happen with users who match this query.
The default is Add if you have chosen to start with No-one, and Remove if you have chosen to start with Everyone.
5. Click the users where drop-down field to choose an attribute to be matched:
6. Use the is drop-down field to choose how the attribute value should be queried (is, contains, starts with, etc.):
7. Finally, enter the required value to be matched:
8. If required, you can add further query rows - just click the Add Condition button again to add a new row.
9. Click OK to confirm and exit back to the Add person/group window, where your query Description is now shown:
10. Click OK to return to the Select senders window, then OK again to exit back to the main page. Here, the signature tile is displayed with the query description:
For a demonstration of this feature, you can watch our video, here.
Are the conditions case sensitive?
Value fields are not case sensitive - i.e. entering London, LONDON or london would achieve the same results.
Can I see a list of users who match query conditions?
This is not possible in the current version.