Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You use Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition or Exclaimer Signature Manager Office 365 Edition to deploy signatures to your users’ Outlook client - you need to ensure that a signature is always applied to emails, but you do not want Exclaimer Cloud to add a second signature when the email is sent.
You can achieve this by using the exclude option in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365, in combination with a text string which is present in your Signature Manager Outlook Edition / Office 365 Edition signatures.
You can do this as follows:
1. Log into Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365.
2. Find the first signature that you wish to update (if you are using multiple signatures, you will need to update all of them).
3. Select the Signature rules option:
Signature rules options are displayed:
4. In the Server-side section, select the checkbox for Apply this signature.
5. Below, select the slider for Don't add a signature if the message contains to activate the associated text field.
6. In the text field, enter a word or phrase that is always present in your Outlook Edition / Office 365 Edition email signatures - for example, your company's registration or VAT number:
When an email message is processed, this word/phrase will be identified and will stop a further signature being added by the Exclaimer Cloud.
7. Alternatively, you may choose to add a unique text string to your signature templates in Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition / Office 365 Edition rather than relying on existing text.
You can use the font settings to reduce the size, and/or set the text colour to reduce the visibility of this text. For example:
Here, you would add the text string 123Signature456 for the exclusion in Exclaimer Cloud.
You can use a text embellishment. For example:
In this case, you would then add the text string ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- which can be used as the exclusion string in Exclaimer Cloud.
8. To ensure that a signature is added to all emails - including replies and forwards - (either by Outlook or Exclaimer Cloud), select the Search only the most recent message in a thread option.
9. If you do not want Exclaimer Cloud to add a signature if one is present anywhere in the message conversation, select the Search the entire message option.