Relevant Product: Mail Archiver
You have installed and configured Exclaimer Mail Archiver, but you cannot find the archived emails.
There can be multiple reasons why you cannot see the archived emails in Exclaimer Mail Archiver.
Perform these checks to ensure that the emails are being delivered correctly in your environment:
- Check Permissions
You may not be getting any results because you don’t have the appropriate Store Security permissions.
To check if you have the appropriate permissions, select the required Store then click the Security tab.
- Check if the specific message you are raising an issue with is arriving in the Journal Mailbox
You can do this by logging into the Journal Mailbox using OWA or Microsoft Outlook. It will appear in the Inbox momentarily.
- Check the Index frequency
Messages, by default, are added to the index every 30 minutes (recommended).
You can reconfigure this if required. Click Force Update to immediately index anything that is waiting.
- Check the Exclaimer Application Event Log
- Under normal operation, this will show an entry for every email processed into the Archive. If there are no entries, check for errors at the time when this stopped to troubleshoot the problem.
- If there are entries for each email, this will show the store where the email went to or whether an exception was matched and the email wasn’t archived.
- Synchronize the index
If the Messages Indexed doesn’t equal the Messages In Store, then re-synchronize the index. This should find anything that isn’t indexed (no mail flow = no archiving).