Relevant Product: Mail Archiver
You have installed an Exclaimer Outlook Add-in on a user’s computer and it is not shown in Microsoft Outlook, even after you have checked thoroughly:
- There are no errors in the event logs
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 is installed
- Visual Studio Tools for Office is installed
- You have Outlook 2013 on Windows 8/8.1. When you close and reopen Outlook, the Add-In is still inactive.
This may apply to:
- Email Alias Manager Outlook Add-In
- Mail Archiver Outlook Add-In
An Exclaimer Add-In may be inactive is because the Windows Registry loadbehavior key is set to Unloaded at start-up.
To change the loadbehavior key, follow steps below.
1. Click Start and then Run
2. Enter regedit and click OK to open the Registry Editor.
3. Expand the tree in the left-hand pane and navigate to the path below:
The root path is always:
Then go on to one of the following paths for your required product:
Exclaimer Email Address Manager:
Exclaimer Mail Archiver:
4. Change the DWORD loadbehavior to 3.
This MSDN article details other values for this DWORD, together with further information about Office add-ins.