Relevant Products: Mail Utilities
Plain Text and RTF messages are not being disclaimed, but HTML message are disclaimed.
This is due to the Network service not having the local activation permission on the ExWrap DCOM component.
Modifying permissions on the ExWrap DCOM component
- Click on Start, then click on Control Panel, double click on Administrative Tools and then double click on Component Services.
- In the Component Services window expand Component Services, then expand Computers, then expand My Computer, and then expand DCOM Config.
- Under the DCOM config folder, right click on ExWrapRTF and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box click on the Security tab.
- Under the Launch and Activation Permissions section select the Customize radio button and then click on Edit.
- In the Launch Permissions dialog box click on Add.
- In the Select Users, Computers and Groups dialog box find and select the ‘NETWORK SERVICE’ object then click on OK.
- In the Permissions for NETWORK SERVICE section, place a tick in the Local Launch and Local Activation checkboxes then click on OK.
- Click on OK in the ExWrapRTF Properties dialog box.
- Close the Component Services window
- Re-register Exclaimer Mail Utilities DLL files
You can re-register these DLLs via the run command. For example:
- Click on Start, then click on Run.
- Type in
- Click on OK.
Note – Check that the DllRegisterServer has succeeded then click on OK. If the DllRegisterServer failed, attempt to re register the dll again.
- Repeat this process for each Exclaimer Mail Utilities DLL in the list above.
In order for these changes to take effect, you will need to re-register the following Exclaimer Mail Utilities DLL files: