Relevant Products: Signature Manager Outlook Edition
You would like to apply a specific signature for replies or forwarded email messages, using Signature Manager Outlook Edition.
A common scenario is where a long signature with a campaign and disclaimer is required for new messages, and a short signature with just contact information is needed for replies and/or forwards. This helps minimize the ‘clutter’ of repeated signatures and disclaimers within message conversations.
The best way to achieve this is using two signature policies - one for new messages and one for replies/forwards. You can use the options tab on each policy to define which one should be set as default in each instance. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Access the Exclaimer console.
2. Create a new policy to be used for replies and forwards (or update an existing policy, if preferred). For this example, we have created a new policy and named it Reply or Forward Email Signature).
3. Access the options tab for the policy.
4. Enable the set signature as default for replies and forwards in Microsoft Outlook check box:
5. Define other options and signature content as required, then save the policy.
6. Create another new policy to be used for new messages (or update an existing policy, if preferred). For this example, we have created a new policy and named it New Email Signature).
7. Access the options tab for the policy.
8. Enable the set signatures as default for new messages in Microsoft Outlook check box:
9. Define other options and signature content as required, then save the policy.