Relevant Product: Signature Manager Exchange Edition
You have a two Exchange server Data Availability Group (DAG) environment with Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition. However, the second node is not syncing the configuration from the first.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to your Remote Deployment Share.
- Delete the contents to reset it back to zero.
- Open the console on your primary server.
- Make a change that will allow you to deploy to the second server.
We recommend increasing the number of backups retained on the Settings tab, as it will not affect any of your existing options.
- Save the console and click Yes to deploy to the second server.
- Navigate to the second server.
- Restart the Remote Deployment Service.
- Confirm that the primary server has created a .md2 file in the Remote Deployment Share.
- Open the Exclaimer Logs on the second server by clicking Status on the right-hand side of the console.
- Filter the logs to the Exclaimer Remote Deployment Service.
- Wait for event 2401.
The above steps will complete the remote deployment process from the primary to the secondary server. If this works, carry out the process again from the secondary to the primary server to confirm that the deployment is functional in both directions.
However, if you receive an error, follow the steps below to reconfigure the Sent Items Update service:
- Open your Exclaimer console.
- Click Sent Items Update on the left-hand side.
- Click the Configure Sent Items Update Service button in the center panel.
- On the first page of the Wizard, select the I have manually created the service account and assigned the appropriate rights option.
- Click on the Start menu then click Run...
- Type Services.msc to open the services.
- Locate Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition Sent Items Update Service, right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab.
- Select the This Account option and enter your account details.
- Click Apply then click OK.
- Start the service.
Follow the above steps on both servers to make sure the Sent Items Service has been configured on both servers manually.
Once this has been completed, follow the steps below to refresh the Remote Deployment:
- Open the Remote Deployment folder.
- Empty the folder's contents.
- Go to the primary server.
- Open the console.
- Make a small change in the console and save the settings.
We recommend altering the number of backups taken.
- Select Yes to deploy this to your other servers.
- Confirm that a .md2 file has been created for this server in the Remote Deployment folder.
- Go to the second server.
- Restart the Remote Deployment service.
- Open the console and wait for the Configuration has been modified by another user message to be displayed.
- Once this appears, it means that the deployment has worked.
- Close and reopen the console.