From 30 June 2021, the following On-Premise products will no longer be available for purchase:
- Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver
For any further questions, please contact the Exclaimer Sales team.
When you attempt to login to the Exclaimer Mail Archiver website, you get an error similar to this:
[The format of the specified domain name is invalid].
The reason for this error is that the Application Pool Identity is incorrect.
This is the account that worker processes run under the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). The Identity used for the Exclaimer Mail Archiver website is: NETWORK SERVICE account. This is a relatively low-privileged account for security reasons.
If the Identity used is an account other than the NETWORK SERVICE account, then the privileges may be incorrect, which causes the website to fail to load correctly.
Change the Application Pool Identity to NETWORK SERVICE.
To accomplish this:
- Click Start and click All Programs.
- Under Administrative Tools select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
The Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window is displayed.
- Expand the node with your server name.
- Click the Application Pools node.
- The main window changes to list the Application Pools.
- Right-click the Exclaimer Mail Archiver App Pool and from the menu select Advanced Settings.
The Advanced Settings dialog is displayed.
- From the list of properties, click Identity property (under the Process Model section).
- Click the ellipsis button (...). The Application Pool Identity dialog is displayed.
- Select the Built-in account option then select the NetworkService account.
- Click OK. You will be returned to the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager screen.
- Click Recycle in the Actions pane.
- Close the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager screen.