Relevant Products: Signature Manager Exchange Edition
The uninstall process removes the following items for Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition:
- Application program files.
- The Exclaimer Signature Manager Configuration Service.
- The Exclaimer Signature Manager Remote Deployment Service.
- The Exclaimer Signature Manager Sent Items Update Service.
Configuration files are not removed as part of the uninstall process. The location of these files on your system depends upon which operating system is in use, as summarized below:
|Operating System||Configuration Directory|
|Windows Server 2003 x64
Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
|\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application\Application Data\Exclaimer Ltd\Mail Disclaimers\Configs|
|Window Server 2008 and Up||\ProgramData\Exclaimer Ltd\Mail Disclaimers\Configs|
As a precaution you may wish to export your configuration before running the uninstall process.
The export includes all settings for Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition. These are written to an econfig file, a proprietary file type for Exclaimer products. To export current settings, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Exclaimer Console.
2. Ensure that Exclaimer is selected in the console tree (i.e. the topmost branch).
3. Select export configuration from the actions pane or from the action menu. The export configuration window is displayed.
4. Navigate to the required drive and folder, to which the export file should be saved.
5. Specify the required file name for the export file.
6. Click save to complete the export.
Running the Uninstall Process
There are two ways to start the uninstall process for Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition:
- Activate the original setup.exe and choose the uninstall option; then follow on-screen instructions.
- Use programs and features then follow on-screen instructions.