Relevant Products: Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You have installed the Signature Manager Exchange Edition or Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365, but some of your users still have a signature applied directly by Microsoft Outlook.
You want to disable their existing Outlook signatures and prevent them from setting up signatures in Microsoft Outlook in future.
You can disable Microsoft Outlook signatures by creating a Group Policy Object (GPO) on your Domain Controller or another machine responsible for Group Policy configuration.
To disable Microsoft Outlook signatures:
- Open the Group Policy Management Console by selecting Start > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management.
- Download and extract the appropriate version(s) of the Office Administration Template for the version of Microsoft Outlook you are running in your organization.
Create a new GPO in the required domain.
- Enable appropriate setting(s) for each version of Microsoft Outlook that is used in your environment:
- Outlook 2013 and 2016
Create a new GPO
To create a new GPO in the domain:
- Select the required domain.
- You can either click on the Action menu and select Create a GPO in this domain > Link it here…
or right-click the required domain and select Create a GPO in this domain > Link it here…
The example screen displays the right-click menu:
The New GPO window is displayed.
- Specify a name for the new Group Policy Object (GPO) and click OK.
- Right-click the newly created GPO and click Edit.
- Navigate to Users Administrative Templates by expanding User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates:
- Select Action > Add/Remove Templates…
Select Add and navigate to where the templates for Microsoft Outlook were extracted when creating the GPO:
Microsoft Outlook Version Filename 2013 outlk15.adm 2016, 2019, Office 365 ProPlus outlk16.adm
- Select Close.
- Navigate through and enable the appropriate setting(s) for each version of Microsoft Outlook that is used in your environment:
- For Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016
Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016
To enable settings for Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016:
- Expand Microsoft Outlook 2013 (or Microsoft Outlook 2016)> Outlook Options > Mail Format.
- On the right-hand side, enable the Do not allow signatures for e-mail messages policy to disable the signatures in Microsoft Outlook 2013 (or Microsoft Outlook 2016):
Download Office Administration Template
To download the appropriate version(s) of the Office Administration Template for the Microsoft Outlook version you are running in your organisation, use appropriate links below:
|MS Office Version||Link|
|2016, 2019 and Office 365 ProPlus||https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49030|