Relevant Products: Signature Manager Outlook Edition
You would like to specify a font size (an odd number or point font size) that is not available from the drop-down menu on the toolbar of the Template Editor.
Also, you notice that the font size changes when the email is received by the recipient (for example, the text specified as 8pt is displayed as 7.5pt).
You can resolve this issue via these two options:
- Option 1: Specify that inline style information is included in an HTML tag by using the tag Properties editor.
- Option 2: Uses the same inline style definition, but you can add them directly to the source of the disclaimer. This is useful if you wish to specify that a small amount of text within a larger body of text be of a different size.
- Place the cursor within the text that you want to specify the size of. You will see at the bottom of the Template Editor window the list of tags that the cursor is within.
- You will notice that the Properties pane changes to the tag that encompasses that section of text.
- Select the Style property in the Properties pane then click on the ellipsis '...' to open the Style Editor.
- Locate the font-size property and enter the font size that you require.
- Click OK and the style will be set for that tag.
For email clients that are able to read style sheets, this will override the HTML size information.
- Click on the source mode located towards the top of the Template Editor.
- Locate the text you wish to change. Type in the opening span before the text and the closing after the text.
Example of the source code created when using Option 1.
The following code specifies that the entire paragraph be in 8 points.
The following code specifies that anything within the span tags be in 8 points.