Relevant Products: Signature Manager Outlook Edition
Having completed the installation wizard, for the first time, the setup wizard is launched automatically. This wizard takes you through the basic setup required to create your first signature policy and get started with Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition.
To complete this wizard, follow the steps below:
- The first stage of the setup wizard displays summary information about the process:
- Click Next to move to the next stage and set a deployment share. This folder is primarily used to store signatures (as generated by Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition) in the form of a zip file, and for users to access the ExSync agent.
When choosing a deployment share you should ensure that the specified drive has enough disk space to store signatures for all users in your organization. Signatures are generated according to a specified update interval and stored in the deployment share.
While it is not possible at this stage to predict how large each user's signatures may be once deployed, we recommend setting aside around 500KB for each user account.
Therefore, if you have 1000 users, 1000 ZIP files will be created and stored:
Please note that the local paths (C:\, F:\ and so on) are not supported for deployment.
You must specify a UNC path:
- Click Next to move to the next stage and review the setup required for your first policy:
- Click Next to set conditions for your first policy. You can update this policy at any time after the installation, so if you are not sure what to set now, simply accept default conditions and continue:
- Click Next to move to the next stage and select a template to associate with your first policy. A number of standard templates are provided but you can update your selection at any time after the installation. If you are not sure what to select at this point, simply accept the default and continue:
- Click Next to preview the selected template, to see how it would be shown in a signature:
If the selected template contains Active Directory fields, the preview may vary depending on which user is associated with the policy (as determined by conditions set in step 4). If required, you can select a specific user via the Display Data from User option.
- Click Next to review key settings:
- Click Finish to exit and launch Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition. From here, you may wish to check/set additional deployment options (see Setting up ExSync, deploying via a logon script and deploying via GPO). Further configuration options are detailed in the main user guide for Exclaimer Signature Manager Outlook Edition.