Relevant Products: Mail Disclaimers
WARNING! From 1st April 2021 Exclaimer will no longer be renewing any Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for Mail Disclaimers.
Please be assured that the Exclaimer Support team will provide support until your SMA is active.
However, we recommend that you contact the Exclaimer Sales team to discuss your requirements for an upgrade to Signature Management Exchange Edition or Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Exchange.
Remote deployment may occasionally fail. You will see an error similar to the following in the Status tab of the Mail Disclaimers node.
CauseRemote deployment exports the Mail Disclaimers configuration and then imports it to the remote server. At the time of import, some files that are required to be updated (usually image files) may be open and locked by the Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers Routing Agent which is an agent of the MSExchangeTransport.exe process. These files are opened in order to extract the data necessary for adding the correct disclaimers and signatures to messages. This will prevent the import from occurring. This situation will be exacerbated on servers with high mail flow.
ResolutionPlease follow the steps below to add the registry keys that will control the retry strategy of the remote deployment operation.
RemoteDeploymentRetryCount is the maximum number of times the Remote Deployment import operation will be retried.
RemoteDeploymentRetryTime will set the time between each retry of the Remote Deployment import operation and is measured in milliseconds.
The following steps involve modification to the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer to the following Microsoft page: Back up the registry
1. Click Start, type regedit in the search box, and then click on Regedit.exe
2. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Exclaimer Ltd\Mail Disclaimers 1.0\Common
3. In the right pane of the Registry Editor, right click and from the New menu select DWORD (32-bit) Value. Enter RemoteDeploymentRetryCount as the name and press the Return key
4. Right click the RemoteDeploymentRetryCount DWORD and select Modify from the context menu
5. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window ensure the Base is set to Decimal and set the Value data: to 100 and click OK
6. In the right pane of the Registry Editor, right click and from the New menu select DWORD (32-bit) Value. Enter RemoteDeploymentRetryTime as the name and press the Return key
7. Right click the RemoteDeploymentRetryTime DWORD and select Modify from the context menu
8. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window ensure the Base is set to Decimal and set the Value data: to 60000 and click OK. This will set the retry count to 60,000ms, or 1 minute
9. Close the Registry Editor
10. Restart the 'Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers Remote Deployment Service' for the changes to take effect
11. Repeat the steps above on each server that has a Mail Disclaimers installation