Relevant Products: Mail Disclaimers
WARNING! From 1st April 2021 Exclaimer will no longer be renewing any Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for Mail Disclaimers.
Please be assured that the Exclaimer Support team will provide support until your SMA is active.
However, we recommend that you contact the Exclaimer Sales team to discuss your requirements for an upgrade to Signature Management Exchange Edition or Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Exchange.
Upgrading is achieved by following these steps:
- Downloading the latest version from the website.
- Uninstalling the current version from the server.
- Installing the latest version downloaded.
Note that your configuration is preserved during the uninstall procedure. You won’t need to recreate any templates or enter any configuration settings into the new version.
Click here to download the updated version of Mail Disclaimers
Uninstall can be achieved via
- The ‘setup.exe’ or MSI for the currently installed version of ‘Mail Disclaimers 1.0’
- ‘Add/Remove Programs’ in Windows Server 2003.
- ‘Programs and Features’ in Windows Server 2008 and above.
The configuration files are located in the following folder and will not be removed as part of the uninstall process:
|Operating System||Configuration Directory|
|Windows Server 2003 x64
Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
|\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application\Application Data\Exclaimer Ltd\Mail Disclaimers|
|Window Server 2008 and Up||\ProgramData\Exclaimer Ltd\Mail Disclaimers|
The uninstall process will not lose any of your configuration or settings. However as a precaution, you may wish to export your configuration. No reboot is required, however, during the uninstallation the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be restarted.
- Open the Exclaimer Console.
- Select the ‘Exclaimer’ node.
- Open the ‘Action’ menu.
- Select ‘Export Configuration...’
- Select a location and file name for the export and press Save.
This will export all your settings including all your templates and licensing data.
Run the ‘Mail Disclaimers 1.0’ installation file ‘setup.exe’ on each Microsoft Exchange Server that has the Hub Transport role installed.
No reboot is required, however, during the installation the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be restarted. Once the installation is complete, no further configuration is required and the product is operational.