Relevant products: Signature Manager Exchange Edition
When using Signature Manager Exchange Edition's Sent Items Update service, you may see the following error in the Exclaimer Event Log:
The sent item noted in the event may take a long time to update (over 15 minutes), or it may not be updated at all.
This error is most likely to be caused by Exchange Web Services (EWS) throttling, particularly on busy servers.
To resolve this issue, you should remove EWS throttling from the Sent Items Update service account (ExclaimerSIUS, by default). To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Exchange Management Shell.
2. Create a new throttling policy (for example: “Unlimited", using the following command:
For Exchange 2010:
For Exchange 2013 and above:
4. Apply the new policy to the Exclaimer Sent Items Update service account:
5. Restart the Exclaimer Sent Items Update service (this will not affect mail flow).
If the error persists
- Open a command prompt as an administrator.
- Run IISRESET. Please note that this will briefly impact some Exchange services.
- Restart the Exclaimer Sent Items Update service.
If you continue to see the same error, please raise a support ticket.