Relevant Product: Signature Manager Exchange Edition
WARNING! From 1st April 2021 Exclaimer will no longer be renewing any Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for Mail Disclaimers.
Please be assured that the Exclaimer Support team will provide support until your SMA is active.
However, we recommend that you contact the Exclaimer Sales team to discuss your requirements for an upgrade to Signature Management Exchange Edition or Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Exchange.
You are using Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers or Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition to apply signatures to email messages.
You create (or respond to) a meeting request in Microsoft Outlook, but the expected signature is not applied. In some scenarios, an outdated signature is applied instead.
In Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers and Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition, signature templates are defined in three formats:
- HTML (applied to messages composed and sent in HTML format)
- Rich Text (applied to messages composed and sent in Rich Text format)
- Plain Text (applied to messages composed and sent in Plain Text format)
If most of your email messages are composed and sent in HTML format, you may not be used to seeing anything other than HTML signatures. However, Microsoft Outlook always composes calendaring items in Rich Text format, therefore a Rich Text format signature will be applied to these messages.
Given the limitations of Rich Text formatting, these signatures will not include images, heavy branding, etc that are familiar in HTML messages. If you are seeing outdated signature content for these messages, it is likely that the Rich Text version of the signature has not been updated in line with its HTML equivalent.
In Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers or Exclaimer Signature Manager Exchange Edition, edit the signature template and update the Rich Text version as required.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Exclaimer console.
- Select the required template.
- Open the template editor.
- Above the save and close icon, you will see HTML, Rich Text and Plain Text tabs. Click on each tab to add/adjust signature content for that format.
Note that Rich Text and Plain Text formats have certain limitations – template editor options available to you will change accordingly.
- Click save and close to save changes.