Relevant Products: Email Alias Manager for Exchange
You have installed the Email Alias Manager for Exchange Outlook Add-In on a user’s computer and it doesn’t appear in Microsoft Outlook, even after you have checked thoroughly:
- There are no errors in the event logs.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 is installed.
- Visual Studio Tools for Office is installed.
- You have Outlook 2013 on Windows 8/8.1. When you close and reopen Outlook, the Add-In is inactive again.
A possible cause for this behaviour and the reason the Add-In is inactive is because the loadbehavior DWORD is set to "Unloaded" at start-up. To alter this value follow the steps beow:
- Open Regedit.exe
- Locate the below registry key
- Change the LoadBehavior DWORD value to 3
Below is a MSDN article on the other values for this DWORD and other information to do with Office Add-Ins: