Exclaimer has started the process of migrating all mail flow from the existing Microsoft Azure infrastructure in India to the UAE. This means that your emails will be processed within our UAE data center rather than our data center in India. This change will help ensure that data is kept within the same region and it supports improved data sovereignty, security, and reliability.
All Exclaimer customers with subscriptions located in the UAE and India will need to update their mail flow settings as soon as practicably possible to maintain support and prevent any potential deliverability issues.
By when do you need to make the changes?
1st September 2023. After this date, Exclaimer will move the mail flow for all customers who are still using the India data center to flow through the UAE.
What happens if you don't update your mail flow settings?
If you don't update your mail flow settings in time, your email connection filter will not be updated with the new IP addresses used by Exclaimer Cloud's UAE data center, and you will be at higher risk of your emails being marked as spam.
To update mail flow settings:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription.
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Manage Mail Flow.
- From the right-hand pane, under Connect to Microsoft 365, are all the relevant options.
REQUIRED! You need to use your Microsoft 365 Global Administrator credentials to re-run the connector setup.You can either:
- Select Send all email to Exclaimer to send all your company emails to Exclaimer Cloud to process.
- In Test Group Name, enter the name of the (mail-enabled) group whose user emails need to be processed by Exclaimer Cloud.
- The Autocomplete feature will complete the group name for you (from the list of all groups selected during the AD sync); if required, you can edit it.
- If you specify a group name that does not already exist in your Microsoft 365 tenancy, the group will be automatically created for you as a mail-enabled security group. However, you will need to add members to this group on Microsoft 365 once the setup of Exclaimer Cloud is complete.
- Please select only mail-enabled security groups if you want to select an existing group.
- Exclaimer Cloud stores the setting, including the group name used (if applicable), from when the connector setup wizard was last run. If the group option was selected, and the group has since been changed or removed manually on the 'Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud' mail flow rule in Exchange Online, then please make sure you make the required change here too.
- Now, click CONNECT.
- You are prompted to log in as a Global Administrator. Once authenticated, click Accept.
NOTE: The credentials for any current Global Administrator can be used. You don't need to use the credentials that were used when first configuring Exclaimer Cloud.
The Enter code window is displayed.
- Copy-paste the code displayed within the Connect to Microsoft 365 section into the Enter Code window - please note you will have a different code.
Copy the code:
Then, paste the code:
- Click Next.
- You will be prompted to select the required Microsoft account, similar to this:
- A Microsoft window will be displayed, prompting you to confirm if you are trying to sign in to Microsoft Exchange Online Remote PowerShell. Click Continue to proceed.
- The process to re-run connectors and transport routes to route emails from Microsoft 365 to Exclaimer Cloud will now start. This process can take some time to complete - this is indicated by a spinner.
For more information, please see:
How to update the Sender Policy Framework (SPF)?
Exclaimer Cloud Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) host list and Internet Protocol (IP) Whitelist