You are using Exclaimer Cloud, and you need to obtain a message trace (typically for a support query, or for troubleshooting mail flow issues within Microsoft 365).
A Message Trace can be used to trace emails through Exchange Online, based on defined criteria (for example an email address, date range, delivery status, or message ID).
To generate a Microsoft 365 extended message trace, follow the steps below:
- Browse to https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/messagetrace
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 with your Admin account.
- Click Start a trace. The New message trace window is displayed.
- In By these people, enter the sender's email address. You can also enter the Message ID (in More search options).
NOTE: If you have a Message ID (which can be found in the message header) then this is the best option - only one message will be found when using the Message ID.
Alternatively, you can add the sender or recipient and select the message direction inbound/outbound.
- Set an appropriate date range for the message you need to trace.
- In Choose report type, select Extended report.
- Click Next.
- In Report title, enter the title for the report. Then, in the space provided, enter the email address where the notification message will be sent when the trace is complete.