This option allows an Exclaimer Administrator to set Outlook client restrictions to determine what changes users can make to their signatures locally, in Microsoft Outlook.
NOTE: The Outlook Options only applies to the Exclaimer Signature Update Agent. It does not apply to the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in.
How to access it?
To access the 'Options':
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Outlook Signatures.
- It is only available for Microsoft 365 users.
- It is visible only when you have configured Exclaimer - Signatures for Microsoft 365 for client-side signatures.
- It is not visible to users with the Editor role. For more information, please see the Difference between Editors and Admin?
In the right-hand pane, under Options, are all the relevant settings.
Setting Outlook Client restrictions
To set Outlook Client restrictions:
- Select Prevent users from changing signature options (Outlook for Windows only): If this option is enabled, users can choose which signature to use when composing messages in Microsoft Outlook (if multiple signatures are available). However, all signature edit options will be greyed out so the signature content cannot be changed.
If you have multiple accounts in Outlook, the signature options will not be disabled.
- Select Remove all existing signatures in Outlook and Apple Mail: If this option is enabled, any existing local signatures (that is, Microsoft Outlook signatures that have not been synchronized from Exclaimer) will be archived. This ensures that users can ONLY use signatures that are synchronized from Exclaimer.
CAUTION! If you choose to uninstall the agent at a later date, then the users' original signatures will be reinstated as part of the uninstall process.
- Click SAVE to confirm the changes made.