You are receiving an "HtmlAttribute merge clash" error for some emails that are being disclaimed by Mail Disclaimers or Signature Manager Exchange Edition. These emails are not being disclaimed as expected.
In the template that you have created you have specified one or more attributes in the <BODY> tag that is also present in the email being processed. For example the link attribute that controls the colour of a hyperlink.
Mail Disclaimers will not remove the offending attributes from the original message because, in doing so, our software would need to remove part of your email message. On the other hand, adding in a duplicate of the attribute would produce malformed HTML. Therefore, this error is logged for investigation.
If it isn't possible to remove the offending attributes from the original message, then you must remove the offending attributes from the tag of the template. The error message will include the name of the policy that was being applied to the message.
- Open Mail Disclaimers
- From the tree on the left select the policy that was being applied
- Switch to the Template tab and double-click to open
- Select the Source button from the toolbar
- Remove any attributes in the <BODY> tag:
- Choose Save & Close
A number of customers have reported this issue whilst adding code to control the colour of hyperlinks. We advise using the following steps:
For built-in "Web page (as hyperlink)" and "E-mail (as hyperlink)" fields
- Select the field
- In the Properties window expand Field Font and set the font options as required; for example you require the hyperlink to appear black with no underline:
For normal hyperlinks
- Place your cursor in the hyperlink text and choose the Style… option:
- Set the style options as required; for example you require the hyperlink to appear orange with no underline:
- Choose OK, then Save & Close
Customer support service by UserEcho