CauseYou have installed Mail Archiver and wish to give your users a simple URL to connect to the Search UI.
ResolutionSetup a second website and DNS entry to redirect to the Mail Archiver search UI. This is done in the following way:
Create a new site in IIS
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Right-click on "Site" and select "Add Web Site..."
- Fill in the details as required and then press "OK"
- Click the new site and then open the "HTTP Redirect" feature
- Optional: If the "HTTP Redirect" feature is not available carry out the following steps:
- Open Server Manager
- Expand "Roles", right-click on "Web Server (IIS)" and select "Add Role Services"
- Under "Common HTTP Features" tick "HTTP Redirection and press Next then Install
- Once the install is complete, close the wizard and continue
- Tick the "Redirect requests to this destination:" box and enter the address and port of the Archive web site and click apply
- Close Internet Information Services IIS Manager
Create a DNS Entry
- Open DNS Manager on your DNS Server. This will normally be your Domain Controller
- Expand "Forward Lookup Zones" and select your local domain
- Create a new "Host (A)" record pointing to the new site you created and click "Add Host"
- Close DNS Manager
Customer support service by UserEcho