What is Exclaimer Signature Manager Office 365 Edition?Exclaimer Signature Manager Office 365 Edition lets an organization centrally design, manage and distribute email signatures for all staff members using Office 365. It also works with Outlook and OWA through Office 365.
Why do I need to manage email signatures?Email is the most common form of communication used in businesses worldwide. It is very important that every email your organisation sends conveys the professionalism of your brand and complies with email disclaimer regulations. Customers, vendors and associates will judge your company by the look of your email and your signature.
- Around 260 billion emails, excluding spam, are sent daily.
- If you add together all the Facebook and Twitter updates, all the Google, Yahoo and Bing searches, and all the Internet page views, the resulting number is still only a quarter the number of emails sent per day.
- By 2016, there will be 4.3 billion email accounts.
- The average person spends at least two hours a day reading, composing and replying to email messages.
- The average employee sends 35 emails a day. For example, in a 50-person office, you are looking at about 1,700 emails every day. Over a year, this could lead to 360,000 opportunities for you to market yourself that you might not be utilizing.
How does dedicated software make this easier?Email signatures are difficult to manage on a corporate level. Users can tamper with signatures, important signature elements can be missed out, your IT department have to spend considerable time carrying out updates, your brand reputation can get damaged and you could even face legal action.
Email signature for Office 365 can do the following:
- Precisely control email signature designs and vary them for different teams and departments.
- Give users consistent signatures on all email with auto-completed details like names, departments and job titles pulled from your Office 365 Directory.
- Save hours of time by not having to use PowerShell commands or Office 365 Transport Rules.
- Make massive cost savings by reducing the load on IT staff.
- Conveniently update every email signature in your organization in moments.
- Change designs and assignments at will or schedule changes in advance.
- Cope with organizational change without fuss.
Can't I just do this manually?IT administrators are familiar with having to visit every user’s PC when it comes to carrying out email signature updates. This is often an arduous and repetitive task.
With the use of Signature Manager Office 365 Edition, you can design an email signature via one central console and then send an update to everyone with one click. The software also has no requirement for additional addons and no local installs are necessary.
How does Signature Manager Office 365 Edition work?Email signatures are applied to email sent via Office 365 using signature policies. These are basically rules you create to control how signatures are applied to emails (e.g. date range, who should get which signature etc.) and what signature content is included (e.g. promotional banners, legal disclaimers etc.).
How easy is it to install?Signature Manager Office 365 Edition is installed using a familiar installation ‘wizard’ to guide you through each process, step-by-step. This takes a matter of minutes.
Signature Manager Office 365 can be installed on any Internet connected machine with administrator rights to Office 365 and comes equipped with a dedicated console for easy email signature management.
Can’t I just create an HTML email signature for Office 365 without dedicated software?Yes, but you would have to import it from another source as Office 365 is not equipped with an HTML editor. Office 365 also doesn't let you embed images like logos, social media or banners. It cannot recognize images as separate elements, so every recipient will see all signature images as attachments.
Where does the data used in signatures come from?Exclaimer Signature Manager Office 365 Edition primarily pulls user data from Office 365 Directory. However, if some or all of your user data is maintained in an On-Premises Active Directory, you can add mappings for these users so that the system pulls data from this instead of Office 365.
Will users be able to see their email signatures?Yes, all Office 365 users can see what their email signature looks like whenever they compose a new email. Email signatures will also always show under the last email a user has sent.
Can users have more than one signature?Yes, all Office 365 users can have multiple signatures for multiple purposes. They just manually select the signature they wish to use from the Office 365 drop-down menu. An example would be giving a user one signature for a certain geographic location and another that they could use when emailing contacts from a certain industry such as healthcare.
I want to give different departments/groups different email signatures. Is this possible?Yes, you can give different users different email signatures based on their On-Premises AD or Office 365 Directory attributes. For example, you could give extra branding to the marketing team’s signature and a promotional banner to the sales team.
Can users have different signatures for internal and external emails?Yes, you can easily create one version of your email signature for internal emails and one for external emails. You can create email signatures with a simple design for internal users and detailed ones with full contact details when sending to an external recipient.
How do I design signature templates?The software includes a library of professionally designed signature templates, which can easily be edited using an intuitive template editor.
Which mail formats can be used for signatures?Email signatures can be in HTML, RTF or plain text format.
Does Signature Manager Office 365 Edition work on mobiles?Yes, email signatures are added when sending email via OWA. However, if you want email signatures added to all devices, you might be interested in looking at our other Office 365 signature solution, Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365. Email signatures are added after an email is sent so it covers all web-enabled mobile devices.
Customer support service by UserEcho