You have installed an Exclaimer Outlook Add-in on a user’s computer and it is not shown in Microsoft Outlook, even after you have checked thoroughly:
- There are no errors in the event logs
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 is installed
- Visual Studio Tools for Office is installed
- You have Outlook 2013 on Windows 8/8.1. When you close and reopen Outlook, the Add-In is still inactive.
This may apply to:
- Email Alias Manager Outlook Add-In
- Mail Archiver Outlook Add-In
An Exclaimer Add-In may be inactive is because the Windows Registry loadbehavior key is set to Unloaded at start-up.
To change the loadbehavior
key, follow steps below.
instructions involve making a change to the Windows Registry. We strongly advise that you complete a backup of
the registry before to following these steps. For further information about how
to back up and restore the Windows Registry, see
KB Article 322756: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
- Click Start and then Run.
- Enter regedit and click OK to open the Registry Editor.
- Expand the tree in the left-hand pane and navigate to the path below:
The root path is always:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Then go on to one of the following paths for your required product:
Exclaimer Email Address Manager:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Exclaimer.IdentityManager.AddinExclaimer Mail Archiver:
- Change the DWORD loadbehavior to 3.
This MSDN article details other values for this DWORD, together with further information about Office add-ins.
Customer support service by UserEcho