You are creating a Mail Archiver server and want to configure the ideal storage layout for optimum performance in the software.
Our recommendations are listed below.
- Place the Archive Index and Archive Store on to separate physical drives
- Allow for 1.5x current Exchange size when evaluating required storage for the archive, to allow for growth
- Use local physical drives for index storage
- For the best search performance, use SSD storage; this is due to the higher Input/Output Operations Per Second (iops)
- Can be placed on any form of disk storage
- Can be stored on network attached storage, or a storage area network
- For the best performance when viewing or restoring emails, store on a local drive
Customer support service by UserEcho